Our much anticipated swimming pool will host its first swimming lesson soon.
Please review our Health & Safety guidelines:
- Please ensure that all items of clothing, goggles, towels, bags etc are clearly named
- Please can all swimmers bring in a plastic bag for their wet clothes.
- Please can all swimmers adjust their goggles at home in the bath, to make sure they fit correctly, prior to using them in school
- For Health & Safety, Swimmers are not allowed to wear jewellery, including earrings, during swimming lessons. These should not be worn on swimming days, as no responsibility will be taken by the School should they go missing
- Boys must wear swimming trunks, not board shorts as these hinder movement in the water. Girls must wear swimming costumes, not bikinis.
- All swimmers must wear swimming hats in the water
- Please ensure that if your swimmer has a verruca, it is sealed with Bazuka, Compound W ( or similar freeze application) to prevent spread. Likewise, if they are known to have a fungal infection, please ensure they wear a plastic swimming sock to prevent cross-infection.
All swimming lessons will be delivered by a fully qualified, licensed swimming instructor and will be supervised by qualified lifesavers. Swimming will take place regardless of the weather, with the exception of during thunderstorms. However, if it is very cold, discretion will be used especially with KS1, as to whether or not to swim and for how long.
The PTA requests a parental donation, per child, to fund the coaching, lifeguard training, heating, water and maintenance of the pool. Sufficient donations are needed to ensure swimming can proceed in Term 6. This year we have calculated voluntary contributions for KS1 based on the estimate of 3 sessions per week and 4 sessions per week for KS2.