Acts of Worship
Each day at Chevening St. Botolph's we hold an Act of Worship for the whole school community. Children, staff and volunteers come together as a school family to worship, pray, explore the bible and learn together.
We follow the Diocesan Worship materials, but each day is a little different, with different foci, different leaders and different styles of worship.
- On a Monday, our Rector, Rev. Chris Smith, joins us and leads our Act of Worship.
- On a Tuesday, we have 'Prayer and Praise' worship, led by class teachers: Mrs Robinson, Mr Bowen and Mrs McLean. In this worship we enjoy learning new songs and focus our prayers around one of our Christian Values.
- On a Wednesday our headteacher Mrs Taylor leads our Act of Worship.
- On a Thursday Mr Townshend, deputy headteacher, leads and often plays his guitar to accompany our singing.
- On a Friday we have Celebration worship, led by Mrs Edwards (Lead Teacher), where we encourage one another by celebrating the way in which we have upheld our Christian Values, achieved well in our learning and used the gifts which God has given us.
From time to time, we are fortunate to have guests lead our worship:
The HisStory Group, based in a local church, are regular visitors.
We have been delighted to welcome Bishop Given several times over the past couple of years, who has visited from the area where our link school is based in Tanzania.
Mr Garrett, our site manager, is also a popular worship leader and always brings a little surprise and excitement to the morning!
Pupil Led Worship
At Chevening St. Botolph's, we are very fortunate to have lots of talented and enthusiastic children who also help to lead worship every day.
Each day, pupils open our worship by lighting the candle, opening the bible and leading a response for the rest of the school. Towards the end of the worship we pray and often this is also led by our pupils.
Reggie and Louis help us with ensuring the technical side of things runs smoothly, cueing the music, videos, slide shows and words as they are needed.
Connie, Louis and Zach are our worship evaluation team, who talk to different people each week to find out which bits of worship they find valuable and what they would like to see improved. They then feedback to Mrs Taylor and discuss any improvements that should be made.
Year 4 lead 'Labyrinth Worship' on one day each week, something they have written and prepared themselves, inviting pupils from other classes to their alternative worship.
Each class takes one week in the year where they prepare a series of Acts of Worship for the rest of the school.