Amazing Africa was our first topic of the year. A fun, vibrant and interesting continent that we had to somehow squeeze into 6 weeks.
On our adventure, we explored:
- Geographical facts: Did you know that Africa is the worlds second largest continent and the Sahara is the largest desert in the world?
- We spent a day in the life of a 7 year old girl living in Tanzania and compared to our typical day.
- The Maasi Tribe and their way of life.
- African animals
- Famous landmarks such as Kilimanjaro. Mrs Bates showed the children her photographs and shared her first hand experience of climbing the famous mountain.
- The People of Africa, a culture rich and colourful.
- South Africa. Hunter gave us so much information, facts and photographs all about his family living in South Africa.